Re: fetchmail procmail issue

2007-08-16 23:19:56

On Aug 16, 2007, at 1:05 AM, rouble wrote:

After closer inspection, this looks like a procmail issue or maybe a
configuration issue on my end.

I have the following in my .procmailrc:
MAILDIR=/mnt/host/Maildir
DEFAULT=/mnt/host/Maildir

Now, in the case that /mnt/host is not mounted, procmail is setting
MAILDIR to "." (or $HOME), and uses that for my recipes.

That is correct (and documented AIR).

For example, if /mnt/host is not mounted and an email matches the
following recipe:
:0:
* ^(To|Cc)(.*rouble)
${MAILDIR}/.Me/

Test for the existence of /mnt/host/Maildir before you change to it.

Of course there is no way for procmail to put it there since /mnt/host
is not mounted. But is there someway I can get procmail to just error
out in this case? And not default MAILDIR to "." (or $HOME), and just
not process the email?

Check the man pages (I forget which one) for EXITCODE