Re: matching one line spam

2007-08-20 10:39:35

On Aug 20, 2007, at 1:21 PM, N.J. Mann wrote:

In message <32A6A534-4ED7-4276-9029-B3B2BF43EB7E(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>, TjL
wrote:

I've gotten about 6 spams today which are nothing but a text message
with one line:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EXMT.PK

Funnily enough I've just received one of these.  However, in my
case it
was marked as spam by procmail because the Subject: was empty.

* ^Subject:[     ]*$

The characters within the square brackets are a tab followed by a
space.

Thanks.  I've got a few people I can't get rid of (i.e. family, co-
workers) who apparently have some sort of mental block when it comes
to Subject lines.  At least one uses either none or ALL CAPS in his.

I haven't done a lot of matching on body text, is this the correct
recipe to match it?

:0
* B ?? ^http://finance.yahoo.com/q\?s=EXMT\.PK
$SPAM

You should escape all the points, e.g.

* B ?? ^http://finance\.yahoo\.com/q\?s=EXMT\.PK

Thanks!  My previous one did not work as I had gotten another one since

I would suggest that if you don't normally receive messages with
Yahoo!
URLs in them, that it would be better to use:

* B ?? ^http://finance\.yahoo\.com

since the spammers like to change things after a few days.

Good idea.  I check my spam folder every couple of days anyway, so I
guess there's no reason not to.

Thanks again

TjL