Re: matching one line spam

2007-08-20 11:13:45
At 12:28 2007-08-20 -0400, TjL wrote:

I've gotten about 6 spams today which are nothing but a text message
with one line:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EXMT.PK

I haven't done a lot of matching on body text, is this the correct
recipe to match it?

:0
* B ?? ^http://finance.yahoo.com/q\?s=EXMT\.PK

Looks ok.  Why not toss it in a sandbox?

Have you checked to see if it is plaintext or HTML?  If there are MIME
escapes in there, you won't match anything.

Arguably, one could just make stock link references spammy.  Coupled with
other spam indicators, that would probably suffice, without having to
provide a specific ticker symbol.  This of course only works for spams
including a URL to a widely used finance site.