RE: convert all mails of a catch-all mailbox to html or .txt. files infolders named by the recipient

2007-09-02 03:58:51
LuKreme wrote Friday, August 31, 2007 2:44 AM:

On 30-Aug-2007, at 16:38, Stefan S. wrote:
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail    # You'd better make sure it exists

Don't put comments on the same line as content.  Not sure this
applies to all procmailrc lines, but I believe it does.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he did above with regard
to the comment.

The only restriction on comments in rcfiles is on the same
line as a working condition.

I don't recommend setting the PATH inside an rcfile unless one has
an unusual reason for needing to do so, however.  More important
than being my opinion, this was also the stated view of one
Philip A. Guenther and can be found somewhere in the archives.

:0
{ TO=$MATCH }

You failed to define WS

Even if he had defined it, the initial phrase "To:$WS*" would
not work as intended.  It would need to be "To:[$WS]*".
That said, that part is superfluous in any case because
we will match at the first nonwhite char following the match token.
I would use this instead:

Dallman