advice needed on recipe

2007-09-21 07:10:15
I'm trying to rewrite the 'From' field of received messages with
something else, but have been unable to get it working.

The problem is that I am unable to reply directly to messages I receive
via my website because the 'From' filed is mangled when it reaches me,
but the correct 'From' address is in the body of the email.  I can
retrieve it at the command line with:-

`grep -m1 'your_email: ' <email message> | cut -d\  -f2`

so I assumed I could do
EADDRESS=`grep -m1 'your_email: ' | cut -d\  -f2`

But, after much experimentation, I don't seem to be able to do
something like

|/usr/bin/formail -i "From: $EADDRESS"

What would be the form of a recipe for this?  Or am I trying to do
something impossible?

Thanks
- Richard
--