Re: advice needed on recipe

2007-09-21 10:43:18
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:46:08 +0100
N.J. Mann wrote:

Try the following (I did try it!).  You may need to alter the regexp
because you didn't actually give us an example and so I assumed the
minimum, e.g. name(_at_)fqdn(_dot_)

:0 B
* your_email:\ \/.*
{
    NEW_FROM=$MATCH

    :0 fhw
    | formail -I"From: $NEW_FROM"

    :0:
    where_I_want_my_rewritten_mail
}

Brilliant.  Many thanks indeed. It works fine.

One further question, if I may, for educational purposes:  if I were to
have two conditions, both of which must be met, which one would $MATCH
represent? The second? (I was thinking of filtering on subject first,
in case other emails contained 'your_email')

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/