Re: advice needed on recipe

2007-09-21 15:20:35
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:47:09 +0100
N.J. Mann wrote:

Yes, you can combine the two, but it may make more sense, i.e. be more
readable to you in twelve months time, if you use separate ones.  The
combined solution would be:

:0 BH
* ^Subject:\ put_your_subject_regexp_here
* your_email:\ \/.*
{
    NEW_FROM=$MATCH

    :0 fhw
    | formail -I"From: $NEW_FROM"

    :0:
    where_I_want_my_rewritten_mail
}

Note the change from :0 B to :0 BH.

Cheers,
       Nick.

Many thanks. You've been very helpful.

PS  Please respect my setting of the Mail-followup-to: header and keep
    the discussion on the list.  Thanks.

I'm sorry that you got a private copy.
**And doubly sorry that it didn't work the second time round.**

My mailer (Sylpheed) doesn't seem to recognise the header that you are
relying on. Its "reply to mailing list" option just sends it to you.
I'm not sure one can expect people to search through the headers of
each message they receive.