Legal local-part

2007-09-22 01:29:54
The following characters are defined as legal for the local-part of
an email address:

      * All alpha numerics (A-Za-z0-9)
      * The characters ! # $ % * / ? | ^ { } ` ~ & ' + - = _
      * The character ., non-repeated, as long as it is not first or
last

So, for kicks I created a new local user with the username:

#test{!user%}^

and then sent a test email to it.  Postfix complained:

warning: Illegal address syntax from munge[munge] in RCPT command:
#test{!user%}^(_at_)covisp(_dot_)net

So, just out of curiosity, which characters are legal for procmail?

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forego their