Re: Duplicate recipe from procmailex doesn't work on some lists

2007-09-25 13:00:17
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 08:49:28 AM -0700, Bart Schaefer
(barton(_dot_)schaefer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com) wrote:

# more msgid.cache

msgid.cache is not a text file, you can't examine it with "more".  Try

strings msgid.cache | more

This gives:

# strings msgid.cache | grep -v '^<'
d(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>
382c51cb8c6f250(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>

meaning that these are the only two lines which don't look as normal
"<some-long-semi-random-string-in-brackets>"

procmail: Error while writing to "email_base_dir/INBOX/in-waiting"

I suspect this means that you're incorrectly attempting to use locking
with a maildir-format mailbox, but since the error is not on the
".duplicates" recipe this is likely a problem with some other part of
your procmail config.

Yes, I had already figured this out.

Does the VERBOSE=yes log show the "formail -D" executing?

VERBOSE was set to "on" and the result was hundreds of lines in the
log like these three:

procmail: Executing "formail,-D,40000,ignore.cache"
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (1) from "formail"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=formail -D 40000 ignore.cache"

I have set VERBOSE="yes" now and will report if something changes.

My guess would be that some earlier filter in your procmail config is
damaging the messages so that they appear not to have any message-id

the only two recipes before that are one that makes a backup copy of
all messages in a separate folder and another which extracts and store
message ids for other purposes. This second recipe, for the record, is
one copied straight from S. Straw (meaning it's a recipe which surely
works :.)

Later,
        Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software
http://digifreedom.net/