Re: Status of procmail?

2007-10-22 10:53:13
At 02:30 2007-10-21 -0500, Christopher Lindsey wrote:
Hi all,

   I have a bunch of changes that I'd like to make to procmail, but it
   looks like things have been stagnant for quite some time now.

Get the source, make your changes, post diffs to procmail-dev.  Nobody is
stopping you from making your changes.

You are aware of the procmail-dev mailing list?

  Looking through the archives, I see that Philip hasn't posted to
   the list in quite some time.

Philip is working for Sendmail, Inc. these days.

  It also looks like procmail.org is going to expire in a few weeks.

As a general rule, I myself don't always renew my own domains early, and
various registrars have "auto renew billing" systems in place which will
renew the domain a couple of days before it expires, billing a credit card.

  Does anyone know if procmail development is continuing under the
   current setup?

I've not heard of any active work being done.  There's a few longstanding
bugs that would be good to resolve.