Re: Deleting mail destined for root with the -d flag

2008-01-25 13:43:57
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

PSE> At 22:17 2008-01-24 +0000, Alan Clifford wrote:
PSE> >Use /etc/mail/virtualusertable  with
PSE> >
PSE> >lyle(_at_)cosmicperl(_dot_)com   lyle
PSE> >webmaster(_at_)cosmicperl(_dot_)com   lyle
PSE> >@cosmicperl.com  error:550 "Spam problems. Try
PSE> >lyle+newcontactone(_at_)cosmicperl(_dot_)com"
PSE>
PSE> Well, that'd BOUNCE the messages, which certainly is preferrable,
PSE> since you're not taking the hit for the content delivery AND you're
PSE> announcing to the sender that the message wasn't delivered.

Sean, I plead guilty to answering the question I thought should have been
asked.

PSE> FTR, I'd be more prone to link to a webpage in the bounce message
PSE> rather than disclose a new address.

I have been using this format myself and I don't get spam to the plussed
address.  Maybe it is because the rejects to spam just get lost in the
ether?

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. )