Re: Server & user level config

2008-02-12 12:29:16
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Skip wrote:
What I am trying to do is determine if I run a procmailrc at the user
level (calling SA) if it will make a difference with messages listing
multiple recipients in the "to" field...one of them listed with an
"all_spam_to".

If you are running SA before you get to procmail (one run for
multi-recipients) then don't use user-specific score modifiers like
'all_spam_to' within SA. Let SA generate it's score uniformly for all
users, and then use procmail to handle the per-user white/blacklisting.

If, as per your example, you are executing SA within procmail, then it
should already be in a per-user context. So presuming the former case...

if scored as spam, then if the "To" or "CC" contain user x, deliver to
user x ONLY.  All other spam will go to null or a corporate spam box.

simply insert this line before you perform score based delivery
in the global procmailrc file....

    INCLUDERC=$HOME/.whitelist

Then in the user's '.whitelist' file simply have a delivering recipe that
ends processing before it returns to the system level procmailrc.
Obviouslty '.whitelist' can actually include other whitelist recipes.
The main point is that you can execute user-specific code before
continuing the execution of a system-wide RC.

- Charles