Re: "redeliver" email in /var/spool/mail to proper, user Maildir?

2008-04-23 13:40:11
* Robert Kuropkat <robert(_dot_)a(_dot_)kuropkat(_at_)saic(_dot_)com> [04-23-08
14:25]:

I have a problem where autofs is failing on me to the effect the home
directories "disappear" until it is restarted.  In the interim, procmail
can not deliver messages properly so it dumps then in
/var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME.

Ignoring for the moment the broken infrastructure, once I restart
autofs, is there a way to "redeliver" the emails that have accumulated
in /var/spool/mail for all users?

formail -ds procmail < /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

will redeliver mail for $LOGNAME

run a loop parsing each $LOGNAME