Re: "redeliver" email in /var/spool/mail to proper, user Maildir?

2008-04-23 14:04:25
* Robert Kuropkat <robert(_dot_)a(_dot_)kuropkat(_at_)saic(_dot_)com> [04-23-08
16:56]:

hmmm, I liked this suggestion because it seemed so simple:

formail -ds procmail < /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

But testing it on my own mail file does not seem to be working, it's
just hung.  It's only 1Mg so I would not expect it to actually take long
to process.

I am using sendmail.  I go look up the sendmail equivalent to what you
suggest.

read "man formail" and look expecially at the examples.

I am not an expert, but I believe that sendmail is a different animal,
has nothing to do with the formail process, but delivering the mail
after formail/procmail directs.

do you have problems with your procmail recipies?