Re: Configuring Procmail to work with with Alpine 1.10 and Spamassassin 3.2.4

2008-05-23 08:06:31
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Richard Ibbotson
<richard(_dot_)ibbotson(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
It's Postfix.  OpenSuSE 10.3.  Only wants to work if I put the
.forward file in the home directory.  I suppose I could put a line
into /etc/postfix/main.cf but a Google search hasn't so far revealed
what that could be.

Hmm, I googled "postfix procmail main.cf" and the top hit is:

  http://traxel.com/doc/spamassassin-setup.html

The second hit doesn't have specific enough instructions, but the third does:

  http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/postfix.html

Returning to the rest of the discussion about the rc file ...

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log

This probably doesn't work:  You are running procmail from .forward,

You should replace that with *some* log file (in or below the $HOME
directory, most likely) and also add VERBOSE=yes to be able to
properly diagnose what's happening during delivery.

:0
        * ^TO.*
        richard

This is largely meaningless; it matches any message that has a To: (or
Cc: or Bcc: etc.) header, no matter what is in that header.  Combined
with the previous rule, all your spam is going to the Inbox and
everything else is going to the "user" file.

Hmmm... which bit to change.

I don't know what you intended to have happen, so I don't know what to
tell you.  (BTW, the string "user" in the ">> >" level of quoting
appears to have changed to "richard" which makes the ">>" level of
quoting seem to say the wrong thing.)

The most likely thing is that you want procmail to fall off the end of
/etc/procmailrc and continue with $HOME/.procmailrc, and eventually
deliver to the $DEFAULT location when it runs off the end of the last
rc file.  So just scrap that entire recipe.