Trouble with procmailrcs and aliases

2008-06-14 15:13:40
Hello, I have a non-human user on a local server - behind a firewall. The
user cannot receive mail directly and the home directory is mounted off the
local server. I need this user to process received files, so I've done the
following:

/etc/aliases:
processor: ""|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -m
/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail"

My filter works fine for other local users (which can receive mail) and has
been tested...
but as a test I have:
/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail:
SHELL=/bin/sh
TESTDIR=${HOME}/test
MAILDIR=${TESTDIR}
LOGFILE=${TESTDIR}/Procmail.log
LOG="--- Logging for ${LOGNAME}, "

#Troubleshooting:
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all

:0
* ^Subject:.*RunTest*
{
LOG="RunTest "
:0:
| echo Test received at " `date` >> ${TESTDIR}/test_rcvd;
}

#Otherwise, discard the email message
:0
/dev/null

I get the following ERROR:
This is the mail system at host myhost.

The mail system

<processor(_at_)myhost>: can't create user output file. Command output:
procmail: Denying special privileges for
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail" procmail: Suspicious rcfile
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail" procmail: Couldn't read
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail"

Final-Recipient: rfc822; processor(_at_)myhost
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; procmail: Denying special privileges for
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail" procmail: Suspicious rcfile
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail" procmail: Couldn't read
"/etc/procmailrcs/processor.procmail"

#### Under an alternative scenario, I tried the following: #####

/etc/aliases
processor: "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #processor"

With a similar .procmailrc file, I would receive this ERROR:
This is the mail system at host myhost

The mail system

<processor(_at_)myhost>: can't create user output file. Command output:
procmail: Couldn't create "/var/mail/nobody"

Final-Recipient: rfc822; processor(_at_)myhost
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; procmail: Couldn't create "/var/mail/nobody"

Suggestions?

--
Configuration