Re: expiring SPAM in Maildirs?

2008-07-15 18:45:52
On Jul 15, 2008, at 9:20 AM, LuKreme wrote:

find /usr/local/virtual/*/.SPAM/ -type f -ctime +30 -exec rm {} \;

Bingo.

Suppose the question might still be of interest for mbox accounts though...

The wot...?

So, how would I clean out the SPAM boxes of the mbox user of spam over 30 days old?

/me sighs deeply at the bitter sense of DejaVoodoo.

            % man formail

Pay particular attention to the + and -s args.
But personally, when I had to do this years ago, I wrote a Perl script that looked for the '^From ' header, grabbed the date/time, figured out how old it was, and then did or did not copy it to the output. Don't forget to use lockfile first to make sure no mail is delivered to it while you're doing the swap.

This issue alone was reason enuf to specify Maildir as the mail store format of choice forever anywhere I had a say in the matter.

Aloha mai Nai`a!
--
"Please have your Internet License             http://kapu.net/~mjwise/
  and Usenet Registration handy..."