Re: expiring SPAM in Maildirs?

2008-07-15 20:49:40
On 15-Jul-2008, at 19:43, Michael J Wise wrote:
Pay particular attention to the + and -s args.
But personally, when I had to do this years ago, I wrote a Perl script that looked for the '^From ' header, grabbed the date/time, figured out how old it was, and then did or did not copy it to the output. Don't forget to use lockfile first to make sure no mail is delivered to it while you're doing the swap.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Yeah, I've been down that path, and there there be dragons and all sorts of other madness.

This issue alone was reason enuf to specify Maildir as the mail store format of choice forever anywhere I had a say in the matter.

I still have a few mbox accounts, but I'm getting rid of them as fast as I can.

--
"It's unacceptable to think" - George W Bush 15/Sep/2006