Re: dynamci filters

2008-08-15 19:13:57

    # If file does not exist then create file and forward to pager
    :0 iE
    {
        * ? test ! -f /tmp/file
        | touch /tmp/file
        :0
        ! pager(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
    }

There is your error.  No ":0" at the start of the nested
brace's first recipe.

As I had written:

Maybe a recipe doesn't start with ":0".

Dallman

Ok my appologies.  I copy and pasted from a previous email.  This is actually
what I have in .procmailrc with the names changed to protect the innocent. :)

SHELL=/usr/bin/sh
PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/pmlog
tempfile=$HOME/nopager
## LOG="
### "
## Set VERBOSE to yes when debugging; VERBOSE default is no
### VERBOSE=yes
#
#
# pager on 1st notification and set to not pager until a Recovery notice is
received.
:0
* ^Subject:.*PROBLEM alert - server123 is CRITICAL
{
        # If file exists then forward to nopager
        :0
        * ? test -e $tempfile
        ! nopager(_at_)domain(_dot_)dom

        # If file does not exist then create file and forward to pager
        :0
        | touch $tempfile
        :0
        ! pager(_at_)domain(_dot_)dom
}

# Received Recovery, remove tmp file and forward to pager
:0
* ^Subject:.*RECOVERY alert - server123 is OK
        | rm -f $tempfile
        :0