Re: dynamci filters

2008-08-17 22:02:45

Now I understand your complaint.  You're saying after the touch
there is no mail to the pager.

That is as designed.  The touch recipe is a delivering recipe.
The message is "delivered."  (It goes to the bit-bucket.  But
procmail has no way of knowing what's on the other side of the
pipe.)

If you want something to happen after a delivery, then you
need the c-flag on the first delivering recipe.

Next time, please post current code, current logs, and edit
out extraneous material while keeping in material we need
*in the message we are looking at* to answer the question.

I don't save old procmail list messages.  I don't have time to
go look them up in the archives for each current thread I
decide to try to answer.  So the art of presentation is,
short, succinct, but with what we need to help in that message.

Also, please don't cc. me on list messages.  Very long-term
list members will remember when I had a different preference.
Well, that was five and ten years ago.  Things change. :-)

Dallman

Dallman,
Thank you and I apologize again for sloppy presentations and carelessness of
mailing to your personal address too.  I'm usually better at this.  However
your help has been very much appreciated.  The carbon copy flags was just what
I was missing.  I'd say I have learned a decent small chunk about procmail from
my crash course here.  Also thanks to the others that have thrown me some
advice on this one too.

-george