Re: filtering issues (newbie warning)

2008-10-13 11:51:57
At 18:32 2008-10-10 -0400, Indi wrote:
Hi,

I've been using mutt for a while and am now trying to set up procmail
to filter mail from some mailing list addesses. Some are traditional
(i.e. mail I get has the mailing list address in the To: field) and
some are not (mailing list address in the From: field).

Hit the URL in my .sigline, and navigate your way to the listid filter - it's a generic filter that should identify most lists, then you just filter based on the listname. Takes a lot of guesswork out of stuff, and also generally transparently deals with lists that change list software or settings.

^From:.*(harikatha\(_at_)harikatha\(_dot_)net|harikatha\(_at_)harikatha\(_dot_)info|news\(_at_)purebhakti\(_dot_)tv||keep_in_touch\(_at_)purbhakti\(_dot_)tv|news\(_at_)bhaktiprojects\(_dot_)com))
$MAIL/bhakti/.

Two things wrong with your condition line here: there are TWO closing parenthesis, but only one opening, and more to the issue of your problem: see the two OR '|' operators in conjunction? Basically, you have an EMPTY condition, which will match anything. You want ONE OR.