RE: filtering issues (newbie warning)

2008-10-13 18:26:39
Indi wrote Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:33 AM:

# .procmailrc
#
DATE=date +%Y-%m

Not sure if anyone commented on this part or not.  Perhaps
so, in which case I apologize.  I'm disoriented from having
an overload of email and from having been out of town.

Anyway, I'm sure you wanted:

 DATE=`date +%Y-%m`

I believe Sean, _et al._, have commented on most of the rest.
In particular I believe I remember Ruud writing that MAILDIR
shouldn't end in a slash, with which I concur.

It won't normally cause a problem, but it's not quite
kosher as it leads to doubled slash marks as the var is expanded.

Dallman