Re: Get domain and tld ?

2009-01-25 15:45:26
Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> writes:

Let's refine the procmail syntax given yesterday in light
of the wishes described above.

You are a brillant procmail guru !

 * FQDN ?? ^^()^^

Can you explain this rule to me ? What does this mean exactly ?

[snip]

It works fine.  My only question is if the TLD var should be
programmed to show "co.uk" as I have done here, or just left
as "uk" (per yesterday's code sample).

Currently, I have no opinion about that. Maybe I should stick
with "co.uk" if it qualifies as a TLD.

The recipe syntax the OP would be interested in is the part of
the above starting with the comment "find last domain subpart"
and ending with the log entries.

Thank you for, once again, a brillant example. Maybe you should
add this to a FAQ ?

Regards,

Xavier