Re: Get domain and tld ?

2009-01-25 16:22:43
On 25-Jan-2009, at 12:57, Xavier Maillard wrote:
Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> writes:

Let's refine the procmail syntax given yesterday in light
of the wishes described above.

You are a brillant procmail guru !

* FQDN ?? ^^()^^

Can you explain this rule to me ? What does this mean exactly ?

It is the same as

* FQDN ?? ^^^^

which is a way of noting if the variable is empty. I haven't seen the syntax with the ()'s in the middle, but I suspect they are there for readability. I've searched my mailspool and haven't seen another example of that specific syntax other than Dallman's post. The action { HOST } bails out of the processing of the rcfile if the condition is met. So, in other words, if a FQDN was not passed to the recipe, bailout.

Currently, I have no opinion about that. Maybe I should stick
with "co.uk" if it qualifies as a TLD.

co.uk is a TLD.

Thank you for, once again, a brillant example. Maybe you should
add this to a FAQ ?

We have an FAQ? :)  We have list archives....

--
Passion is the pill you can swallow forever Taking them one by one
        One by One --Agents of Good Roots "Come On"