Re: Receiving System Mail

2009-01-30 17:48:37
On 2009.01.30 22:36:39 +0000, Alan Clifford wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:

:0:
* ^TO_.*root
$HOME/Mail/system/

I have tried a couple of other recipes to no avail.  It is almost as
though procmail is not seeing the output of crontab, and so can't act.
BTW, I have made sure that the correct entry was placed in /etc/aliases
so that root's mail is forwarded to user.

What do you see in the verbose procmail log as the message passes the
recipe?

Good question!  When I looked at the log I found absolutely no entry
that indicates that any message passed the recipe.  The log was pretty
lengthy, and I looked for times that would correspond to times existing
in crontab.  I'll clear the log before I go to bed tonight and try that
again.  But at this point it looks as though procmail isn't seeing any
system mail.

Rem