Re: Receiving System Mail

2009-01-30 20:16:35
On 2009.01.30 16:27:47 +0000, Rem P Roberti wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense, and I made that change.  Wish I'd
started all of this 20 years ago.  Oh well, I'm having a lot more fun
with all of this than I ever did with Windoze.  Is there a way that I
can test the recipe without having to wait for crontab to do its thing?

Put an entry in the root crontab that fires off an email every couple of
minutes.

Why didn't I think of that?  I'll give that a try.

Rem

Well, I had crontab firing away, and I tried just about every recipe
that I could think of.  So, it appears that the problem has absolutely
nothing to do with procmail, or procmail recipes.  Something in the way
system mail is generated is keeping procmail from seeing it.  I'm not
sure where to look next, but I have the feeling that the answer lies
somewhere within /etc.

Rem