Multiple sort lines problem

2009-05-28 04:13:46
Hello all,

I have a rather complicated Procmail setup - which works well enough. I
do however have one slight problem. In essence a simplified version
(with names munged to protect the guilty) it is as follows:

I have (at least) 2 mail accounts: mymail.com and mydomain.org with one
of them including a catch-all address. Using various INCLUDERC files I
first check to see if mail is addressed to me or my family and then I
sort it. Here is an abbreviated version:

# First check for proper names
:0:
* ! ^TO_.*(me|myothername|wifey|kiddie1|kiddie2)\@(mymail|mydomain)
* !
* ^X-Original-Rcpt.*(me|myothername|wifey|kiddie1|kiddie2)\@(mymail|mydomain)
* !
* ^Received.*for..(me|myothername|wifey|kiddie1|kiddie2)\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/PossibleSpam

# Now sort for users
:0:
* ^TO_(me|myothername)\@(mymail|mydomain)
* ^Received.*for..(me|myothername)\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/Me

:0:
* ^TO_wifey\@(mymail|mydomain)
* ^Received.*for..wifey\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/Wifey

:0:
* ^TO_kiddie1\@(mymail|mydomain)
* ^Received.*for..kiddie1\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/Kiddie1

:0:
* ^TO_kiddie2\@(mymail|mydomain)
* ^Received.*for..kiddie2\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/Kiddie2

Now - My Problem:
It seems that in the first part Procmail sequentially tests through each
line until it finds a match (or not), but in the sorting part only the
first line is checked. If there is no match it goes to the next set of
tests.

Clearly I have misunderstood something. What should I do to get this to
work as I intend?

Thanks in advance.

Mark