Re: Multiple sort lines problem

2009-05-28 05:55:48
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:42:53AM +0200, Holger Wahlen wrote:
* Arthur Dent wrote:
:0:
* ^TO_kiddie2\@(mymail|mydomain)
* ^Received.*for..kiddie2\@(mymail|mydomain)
INBOX/Kiddie2

Now - My Problem:
It seems that in the first part Procmail sequentially tests through each
line until it finds a match (or not), but in the sorting part only the
first line is checked. If there is no match it goes to the next set of
tests.

Clearly I have misunderstood something. What should I do to get this to
work as I intend?

Well, what *do* you intend? Multiple conditions are "anded" by default,
so the snippet above only delivers the message to INBOX/kiddie2 if
*both* conditions match; if either one doesn't, processing goes on to
the next recipe.

So what do you want - have the message put in that box if at least one
of the two conditions matches, not necessarily both?

Yes, precisely.

What confuses me is that in the first section it *does* (or at least
seems to) work through sequentially and if any one of the conditions is
met (i.e. does NOT match the regex) it delivers to INBOX/Possiblespam.

Thanks for your help so far...

Mark