At 13:14 2009-07-02 -0400, Daryl Styrk wrote:

Is it possible to include a rule per receipt sending html mails to
/dev/null?  I have a few list subscriptions like the following..

"rule per receipt" ?

Are you muddying "recipe" (which is what a procmail rule is called), or referring to email receipts (such as confirmation of delivery), or to recipient (which would presumably be YOU).

:0:
* ^TO_debian-user(_at_)lists(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org
Debian-User

[snip]

You might want to take a look at my list_id filter. BTW, ^TO_ may not match when someone BCC's a discussion list. Most lists have several, much more reliable ways of identifying list messages. Since list_id sets a variable to identify the list, you can use it to identify that the message is a list message and THEN perform your HTML filtering based on that (yet still know the list identification to filter it after ditching HTML messages). I identify lists and then adjust my spam scoring with some "allowances" for certain lists for instance.

I also receive personal mail to this address so a blanket policy would
leave out a lot of family and friends who I don't mind some steps to see
what they care to send..

Organize what you know, and get picky with what remains.

The way I understand how procmail works with receipts is the mail starts
at the top and falls through each until it catches a rule dropping it
where its declared with anything not matching ending up at $INBOX.

Yes, "linear" vs. "procedural".

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.friends
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.subscriptions

I take it that rc.friends will have the chance to filter the mail before
rc.subscriptions So I could possible get away with a receipt at the head
of rc.subscriptions and I'd be set?

recipe. If you're going to be organized enough to have recipes in different rcfiles, you may as well create an rc.junk or somesuch, and put it there. Yes, you'd insert that between where you filter your "trusted" messages and your less trusted/generic ones.