Re: maildir filename in recipe

2009-08-16 07:33:10
On 16-Aug-2009, at 04:22, Michelle Konzack wrote:
No, even this is not right, because the message is in

  ${MAILDIR}.spome.path/new/1234567890.hostname

if you rename it to

  ${MAILDIR}.spome.path/new/1234567890.hostname:2,S
                        ^^^

then ist is NOT REALY marked as read because the IMAP specs say, you
have to move it to the /cur/ folder as:

  ${MAILDIR}.spome.path/cur/1234567890.hostname:2,S
                        ^^^

and if it is ONLY renamed, and you connect with "mutt" of "Thinderbird" it will go to the folder because it thinks it is new. This mean, the
right thing will be:

That does not at all match up with my experience. Renaming the message marks it as read, and the MUA moves it to cur from new on its own.

and then "mutt" or "Thunderbird" wil not complain about it.

I don't use mutt, but I do use thunderbird on occasions. I've never seen it display a message as new that my recipe has marked as :2,S

--
Say, give it up, give it up, television's taking its toll
That's enough, that's enough, gimme the remote control