Re: How's it coded

2009-09-16 12:46:03
At 10:36 2009-09-16 -0500, Zhiliang Hu wrote:
I am sorry for short asking -- given the header, is there anything I can catch with procmail in order to trigger a base-64 process? (I suppose base64 is most common nowadays to take care the most)

Yea, can't say I see a lot of messages encoded in uuencode or whatever the monstrosity was that earlier Macintoshes favoured.

If this is one list you're having issues with, perhaps you could ask the offending user to resolve the problem at their end. Surely, they're causing a problem for others, and perhaps the list archiving mechanism as well?

Anyway, you could scan for messages which lack a mime-encoding header (and possibly, only within this particular list), then scan the body for characters outside of the BASE64 encoding set - if they're present, it isn't a BASE64 message (unless there is a list signature tacked on). If no non-BASE64 characters are present, it's still

Note that most MUAs these days carry a Content-Encoding of text/plain, so perhaps you could just try taking your saved emails and passing anything without a Content-Encoding through a base64 decoder and see what you get?

On success, you could fix the original message by inserting the appropriate headers.