Re: How's it coded

2009-09-16 13:31:23
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 10:36 2009-09-16 -0500, Zhiliang Hu wrote:
I am sorry for short asking -- given the header, is there anything I can
catch with procmail in order to trigger a base-64 process?  (I suppose
base64 is most common nowadays to take care the most)

Yea, can't say I see a lot of messages encoded in uuencode or whatever the
monstrosity was that earlier Macintoshes favoured.

If this is one list you're having issues with, perhaps you could ask the
offending user to resolve the problem at their end.  Surely, they're
causing a problem for others, and perhaps the list archiving mechanism as well?

Interestingly, the mailing list archive at the SourceForge
instantly shows the mail in good clear English - something
must be done on the fly (Can't believe if a heavily used site
like SourceForge scans all mail bodies for possible encoding
method, then apply a decoder?)