Re: How to apply multiple recipes to a single email?

2009-09-21 23:05:35
custom header "X-PMERule" is just a header I'm adding which won't
already exist in the email - PME is my initials):

BTW, You can put that header string into a variable, which makes your
recipes a touch more portable for others.

Good idea - thanks.

 :0 wf
  # Check if email is to wife's address.
  * ^TO_wife(_at_)example(_dot_)com(_dot_)*

trailing .* is meaningless overhead - the regexp isn't anchored to the end
of line, so zero or more of anything is just fine with ZERO of NOTHING.

OK - thanks.

So if someone sends an email to both of us it will get 2 custom

Though you should be aware of the procmail mantra:

       PROCMAIL IS NOT AN MTA.

I thought I was being aware by adopting this approach. Just use
procmail to add some custom headers and then hand off to dovecot to
actually deliver the emails. Have I gone against the mantra somehow
here?

Consider what happens when you receive a message which is BCC to one of you.

Spot on - I've tested this scenario and the result is that one gets it
and the BCC person doesn't. But I can live with that as it's in one of
our folders the other will see it. Fine for husband & wife setup, but
not for something more office-like!

Regards,
Phill