Vacation

2009-10-06 09:38:49
I've never had need of any sort of vacation program before, but I am going to be gone for a week at the end of this month and there is one account that I need to have some sort of vacation auto-response on.

1) The account has a couple of mailing list subscriptions
2) The account is on a postfix/Courier-IMAP server with procmail
3) I only want a single notice sent to any non-list sender
4) Obviously, no responses to list traffic, but if someone CCs me and a list, I do want them to get a notice. 5) The mail traffic on this account is pretty light (<100 messages a day, more than half are list traffic) 6) Solution does not have to be procmail based (perl, php, ruby, python, et al are available)

My question is what is the best solution? I've been the victim of far too many poorly designed vacation scripts to just drop something in without doing some research. On the other hand, I don't want to spend the next three weeks writing a complex procmail file to do all this when I know that good solutions must exist somewhere.

--
What if there were no hypothetical questions?