Re: Vacation

2009-10-08 10:52:10
On 6-Oct-2009, at 10:49, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 07:38 2009-10-06 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
I've never had need of any sort of vacation program before, but I am
going to be gone for a week at the end of this month and there is one
account that I need to have some sort of vacation auto-response on.

1) The account has a couple of mailing list subscriptions
2) The account is on a postfix/Courier-IMAP server with procmail

So long as procmail is getting the messages, what should it matter if the backend is IMAP?

Couldn’t think how it could, but wanted to provide as much info as possible; for all I know courier-imap has a built-in vacation handler.

From my 13 year old implementation (which hasn't been used since I went on a vacation in 1996, though I've been on vacations since then <g>), with a couple of tweaks:

Thank you, that looks just about perfect. I'll enable it now and play with it (obviously not with $SENDMAIL set to sendmail).

Personally, I shun vacation systems

E-yup. Choir here, preaching to. I hate em, and I've never used one before despite having real email (that is, Internet email) for over 20 years. I seem to be stuck this time though, unless I can figure something else out in the next 3 weeks.

The canned vacation text should include areacodes (and poss country code) for phone numbers if any are provided, and actual DATES, not day-of-week. Time references should include the timezone.

Ah, Dates, good idea.

Thanks again.

--
It's Tchaikovsky's 'Another One Bites the Dust'," said Crowley,
        closing his eyes as they went through Slough.