Re: Message body, assign to a variable everything except lines starting with "content-" or "--"

2009-11-05 10:51:14
At 09:48 2009-11-05 -0500, Charles Gregory wrote:
If you are wililng to live with the possibility of losing matching non-mime lines from the middle of the body and/or the separators between multiple mime parts,

Indeed, there may be more than one mime part - a text message and an attachment (or several), so if one is stripping the mime-related lines hoping that it's the only part, you may be in for a surprise.

Note that the original post to this list with examples would have been stripped of pertinent information, and many siglines start with a dashed line.

Is there an aversion to using mimencode or similar to handle the mime message? Identify it in the header as being mime, and then pipe it to an appropriate program.