Re: procmail / formail - changing the From address?

2010-11-16 08:04:22
On Mon, November 15, 2010 8:21 pm, Nigel Allen wrote:

The final delivering server is the customer's mail server. When I send a
"normal" email from Thunderbird on a Windoze box it goes via that server
using sendmail. Everything works perfectly and the Return-Path is set to
"me(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)tld". When I auto-reply using the recipe shown
earlier, the
Return-Path gets set to "me(_at_)servername(_dot_)mydomain(_dot_)tld". Because
"servername" is not advertised via dns (its an internal name), emails
get bounced.

The "From" is perfect in all cases.

Ripping my hair out.

One thing you can try is to send the message with a real client. I used
mutt and that works internally to send messages that have both the From:
address as well as the Return-Path: address clean of my machine name. The
.muttrc file sets both From: and Reply-To: to the addresses I have picked.

Rich