Re: return to sender recipe

2010-12-20 13:07:23
At 09:38 2010-12-20, Richard Reina wrote:
I got it too work. Needed the full path to ssmtp.

Now, if I can just figure out how to pass the subject to a perl script so it can be test against valid POs in a database.

I can't help but think you should sit down and write out everything you need this script to do, and just ask someone here to finish writing it for you...

# this will extract the subject (removing leading whitespace, though you
# could easily deal with that within your perl script)
SUBJECT=""
:0
* ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
{
        SUBJECT=$MATCH
}

# this will pass the subject to your perl script, using the return value
# to determine if the procmail recipe should take some further action.
:0
* ? /path/to/some/script.pl "$SUBJECT"
{
        # do something (such as sending your "there's no PO number" notice)