Re: Can not get a filter recognised for one email source

2011-02-16 10:32:41
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 09:44:55AM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
I get regular emails from one list, that always end up in my Inbox, no matter
what I put in the recipes.  At the moment these two recipes are in place:

How are you getting to the headers that you pasted into your message? Directly (using a text editor or viewer to look at the raw message file or mbox), or through your mail program?

If you are getting them through your mail program, could you look directly? I have a suspicion that the headers are RFC2047 encoded: your mail program decodes them and shows you "from: Debra(_at_)emblibrary(_dot_)com", but the literal text in the email might be "from: =?us-ascii?Q?Debra(_at_)emblibrary(_dot_)com?=" or even "from:
=?us-ascii?B?RGVicmFAZW1ibGlicmFyeS5jb20K?="

RFC2047 encoding was designed for characters that aren't 7-bit clean for mail transmission, and it doesn't make sense to use them to encode headers that don't need them, but I've been encountering more and more email that encodes strings that don't need encoding. Procmail unfortunately doesn't support RFC2047 decoding.

--
Ed Blackman