Re: Replacement for "mimedecode" wanted

2011-05-04 06:42:12
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:54:54PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello *,

I use since many years "mimedecode" in my scripts  and  it  was  working
perfectly up the Debian/Lenny.  OK, some weird mails trigered a malloc()
error.
Can someone recommend me an equivalent commandline tool please?

Ah, I remember when that replaced its predecessor, when it became
obsolete.

What about metamail?:   http://kb.iu.edu/data/data/aibt.html
(Includes a download link)

Or mpack? OK, that's said to be old [1], but it's quick to try out:

$ apt-cache search mpack
mpack - tools for encoding/decoding MIME messages

Dunno how good that is either.

Hope some of that turns out to be useful.

Erik

[1] These things are relative, I increasingly find.

--
The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on.
It is never any use to oneself.        - Oscar Wilde