Re: Replacement for "mimedecode" wanted

2011-05-05 02:33:18

On 27/03/11 23:54, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello *,

I use since many years "mimedecode" in my scripts  and  it  was  working
perfectly up the Debian/Lenny.  OK, some weird mails trigered a malloc()
error.

Now since Debian/Squeeze it is droped and there is no replacement.

Since I need it in bashscripts which are called from  my  ~/.procmailrc,
I can not use pure procmail stuff.

Can someone recommend me an equivalent commandline tool please?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
     Michelle Konzack

    My man page (CentOs)  mention that in some cases  "mimencode"
    is named  "mmencode".   Also,  mimencode -u   used for decoding.

    Maybe Debian just change the names of the programs?   In this case
    symbolic link will resolve the problem.

--udi