Re: Counting lines in an email excluding quoted lines

2012-07-26 10:33:00
At 07:39 2012-07-26, Eric Smith wrote:
How would I adapt the following to not count quoted lines in the mail body?

I haven't tried to count the characters between quoted and non-quoted, but on a "reply bloat" checker, I use something adapted from:

# <http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips-body.html#195>
# "14.3 Excessive quoting of message"

Which I note no longer exists.  Hrm.

My implementation of the logic is heavily embedded in option processing for scoring submissions to a mailing list, and would require a bit of work to genericise. So, perhaps you can fish up an original of the pm-tips document.