Re: reviewing alternative proposals: RMX v3

2003-10-12 18:47:37
In <20031012024345(_dot_)34B131D7(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com (Meng Weng Wong) writes:

I've been doing some research as part of the Designated-Sender-Scheme
unification project.

I just learned that version 3 of the RMX proposal has been released.
See:

http://www.danisch.de/work/security/antispam.html

The last version of RMX that I had looked at appears to have been v1,
and it appears that Hadmut Danisch has made many significant changes
since then.  In particular, RMX-v3 adds a DNSWL type system, much like
the SPF and DMP systems.  Still missing is any sort of sender rewrite
system to handle bounces and deal with forwarding.

As I understand it, there is activity going on to merge the various
designated sender systems, so it looks like progress is being made.

-wayne