Re: SSL certs

2003-10-17 10:53:56
Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:16:49AM -0700, Mark Foster wrote:
| question: why don't existing CAs offer email server certificates? Only
| web server certs, code signing and personal email.

An SSL cert is an SSL cert.  We bought our imap-ssl cert from the same
place we bought our https cert, using exactly the same procedure.

Are there any inexpensive certificate vendors that actually have
decent support among email vendors?  Last time I looked, if you wanted
SSL to work in Eudora without sending up tons of warning messages, you
had to buy a verisign cert, as that was the only root cert that Eudora
recognized.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen
ted(_at_)impulse(_dot_)net