Re: SPF reporting mechanism

2003-10-26 03:46:44
Sam Horrocks <sam(_at_)daemoninc(_dot_)com> writes:

To help out I'd like to see SPF add an optional reporting directive.
This directive would indicate to MTA's on the internet that I want
an email report when someone tries to forge a sender in my domain.
In this report I'd like to see the sender and recipient addresses and
the IP address of the smtp client.

Whilst I think this is a good idea, in some circumstances it could
cause a problem. If your domain became the victim of a 'Joe job' then
you might find yourself getting rather more SPF failure reports than
you expected. It would be nice to know about where Joe jobs originate,
but you only really need to be told once and not by every recipient of
said Joe job.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt