Re: The state of play

2003-11-21 13:51:15
Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>:
Now, the goals of SPF + reputation systems are, in order of increasing
scope:

I'm quite impressed by the rigor and depth of thought you've put into this.
Thanks -- your post was both interesting in itself and a useful confirmation
that I'm backing the right horse.

I've been active on the IETF's ASRG list, proposing some substantial amendments
to the draft RFCs which the editors have accepted.  I've established good
relations with Yakov Shafranovitch, who seems to be driving the effort from
that side.  I'll do what I can to speed up the process, and I think I have
enough zorch for that not to be a trivial promise.

My friend Paul Graham, the guy who more or less invented Bayesian filtering,
has been asking me to do a talk at his second annual spam conference in
Boston this coming January.  I had been planning to talk about my experience
with writing a milter to do feature extraction upstream of bogofilter.
If it's OK with you, I think now that I'll spend more of my time on being
an ambassador for SPF and LMAP.

I think the message that these are valuable building blocks for synergistic
spam-fighting strategies -- something your post explores well -- is something
that audience should hear.  I also think taking them that message is likely
to substantially speed up adoption.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt