Re: A records

2003-11-29 07:21:17
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Mark wrote:

Dear group,

I just upgraded my DNS to include SPF; and I love everything about it. :) I
have one tiny question, though. Please, have a look at this dig output:

asarian-host: {root} % dig asarian-host.net txt

; <<>> DiG 8.4 <<>> asarian-host.net txt
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      asarian-host.net, type = TXT, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
asarian-host.net.       1D IN TXT       "v=spf1 a mx ptr default=deny"

Thats the old syntax - the new syntax would be:

"v=spf1 a mx ptr -all"

Does the "a" stand for all A records within the "asarian-host.net" zone (I
rather not have that), or just the A record for asarian-host.net itself? I
think I got it set up properly, but I rather err on the side of caution.

Just the A record(s) for  "asarian-host.net".

--
[http://pointless.net/]                                   [0x2ECA0975]

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt