Re: Finest Clueless Impression...

2003-12-10 06:37:58
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard George" <richard(_at_)phase(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:07 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Finest Clueless Impression...

Ah right, it's just me using spfquery wrongly, I suspect. I was
trying to do it by hand as I'm *really* rusty on perl.

If you just want a "manual" test, I suppose you could try the attachted
script. It takes a minimum of three parameters; the fourth is optional, for
debug. Something like this:

perl ./spfquery.pl 195.112.4.54 richard(_at_)phase(_dot_)org heifong.phase.org 1

I've revised the record to:
phase.org. IN TXT "v=spf1 +a:sentinel3.phase.org +mx
+a:smtp.nildram.co.uk ~all"

I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I cannot really place
"sentinel3.phase.org"; phase.org only seems to have one MX record, which is
also called "phase.org". And, so far, mail from you came from
"smithers.nildram.co.uk".

N.B. cc me on your next reply, if you want, and I will be able to tell, from
my own Received-SPF header, whether I got a "pass" or not. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,