Re: Finest Clueless Impression...

2003-12-10 06:55:43
Mark wrote:

I've revised the record to:
phase.org. IN TXT "v=spf1 +a:sentinel3.phase.org +mx
+a:smtp.nildram.co.uk ~all"

I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but I cannot really place
"sentinel3.phase.org"; phase.org only seems to have one MX record, which is
also called "phase.org". And, so far, mail from you came from
"smithers.nildram.co.uk".

N.B. cc me on your next reply, if you want, and I will be able to tell, from
my own Received-SPF header, whether I got a "pass" or not. :)

Right - everything from this box currently goes out through Nildram's server, as the local mailserver (sentinel3) needs a rebuild. Once that's back up everything from the local network should come through it. (heifong.)phase.org is, as you note, my MX, and mail from the webserver and some other systems goes out through it.

I'll drop a quick test message to you from heifong, too.

Thanks for the script - seems to give the results I expected.

        Richard

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt