An additonal macro character?

2003-12-10 07:03:43
Thinking about how SPF might be deployed, I think that it would be used to know the original domain of the sender (rather than the current domain).

I'm still thinking along the lines of having a vanity domain DNS provider just forcibly insert a 'redirect' record that points to a server than can serve up more controllable SPF records. The bad news is that this server cannot get the original domain name of the sender -- it just gets its own name. This can be handled (to a degree) by having the redirect point at a unique name for each source domain (e.g. redirect=%d.targetdomain.com ) but this seems clumsy.

I wonder if this was the intention of the macro that just got removed?

Philip

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt